Join in on the conversation at one of our Book Groups. No monthly commitment is required, just show up when you can! We have book groups for adults, teens, tweens, and children. Copies of current book group titles can be found on display near the Circulation Desk or at the Children’s Room Desk.
Next Meeting: The Company We Keep: A Husband-and-Wife True-Life Spy Story by Robert and Dayna Baer
Monday, May 6th at 6:30pm
Next Meeting: The Worst Class Trip Ever by Dave Barry.
Monday, May 6th at 7:15pm
For more information email email@example.com
Next Meeting: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Wednesday, May 15th at 7pm
Next Meeting: Born A Crime by Trevor Noah
Wednesday, April 24 at 7pm
Next Meeting: A State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Wednesday, May 1 at 10am
Next Meeting: Rendezvous With Destiny by Michael Fullilove
Saturday, April 13th at 2pm
Parent/Child Book Group (children grades 2-4 & an adult)
Monday evening at the end of the month
Next Meeting: Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage
Monday, April 29 @ 7pm
View previous book club titles on Pinterest
April 19 @ 3:30pm
View upcoming book club titles
View previous book club titles
Book Group Discussion Protocol
- All members should read the monthly title selection. You are welcome to attend if you have not finished the book, but be prepared to hear the ending of the book
- Discussion should focus on the main themes, characters, and author of the book. While additional detail and experiences can be useful, be brief, as the primary purpose is to share opinions of the book.
- Discuss aspects of the book which did not appeal to you. Difficulties should be expressed as questions rather than statements.
- Differing opinions should be expressed respectfully with the intent to disagree, not persuade others to modify their opinions. Keep an open mind and carefully listen to the opinions of others.
- Discuss with the group as a whole. Everyone will be given an opportunity to share; however, participation is not a requirement.
- The group leader will allow discussion to progress naturally but will redirect discussion to allow others opportunities to share their thoughts.
Start your own Book Group
All Attleboro area book groups are welcome to create a “Book Group” account at the Attleboro Public Library. Groups are not required to meet in the library.
All book groups will:
- Provide a contact person and e-mail contact information
- Provide a schedule of titles chosen and meeting dates
- Provide a list of alternate titles in the event a title/copies are not available
- Provide a name for their book group
- Provide number of copies required
If you would like to set up an account for your book group, please contact the Reference Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference Department will:
- Create account for each book group
- Place holds for book groups
- Post current & accurate signage on group holds box
- Be primary contact for book groups
- Members will pick up books from the holds area.
- Books will be held in crate labeled with book club name.
- Books will then be checked out to individual patron accounts.
Please note that the library is not able to advance book group titles on any waitlist. We cannot guarantee availability of titles.