No WiFi? No problem! Borrow one of APL’s portable hotspots for instant access to WiFi at home or on-the-go. Each hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi devices, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones. Hotspots are checked out for 2 weeks (no renewals) and are great for traveling, but friendly reminder, they only work within the continental U.S. For troubleshooting assistance, please contact Mobile Beacon at 1-401-934-0500.
Ready to borrow? Hotspots are currently available at the Circulation Desk on a first come, first served basis with no holds allowed. Coming soon, the library will be offering additional hotspots that patrons will be able to reserve.
How do I borrow a hotspot?
- Anyone age 18+ with a Massachusetts library card in good standing can borrow a WiFi hotspot. You may check out one device per household at any time.
- You can borrow and return a WiFi hotspot only at the first floor Circulation Desk at the Attleboro Public Library. WiFi hotspots cannot be returned in the book drop or to another library.
- Hotspots are currently available on a first come, first served basis with no holds allowed. Coming soon, the library will be offering additional hotspots that patrons will be able to reserve.
Hotspot lending rules
- Loan period: 2 weeks, no renewals
(Hotspot WiFi service will be turned off when overdue)
- Check in: Hotspot must be returned to staff at checkout desk during library hours
- Please do not put hotspot in the outdoor bookdrop.
- Fines: $1.00 per day late
- Lost or damaged replacement fees:
- Hotspot (including all parts): $77
- Lost cord: $10
- Lost adapter: $10
- Lost case: $15
- Disclaimers – Internet content filtering is NOT provided with APL hotspots. The library does not track any internet usage. By using the hotspot you are agreeing that you will not take part in any illegal activities.
- The Library is not responsible for any files, data, or personal information accessed or transmitted using the WiFi hotspot.
- Please note you can only use the hotspot inside the continental US. There is no international data or roaming.
Hotspot user guide
- Turn on by pressing Power key for 3 seconds. (If the device does not turn on, you may need to charge the hotspot with the USB cord provided.)
- Wait about 10 seconds for the hotspot to turn on.
- Once the Signal and WiFi indicator are lit up green, you’ll be able to connect to your device.
- Go to WiFi settings on your device.
- Select WiFi name: (located on hotspot case insert and on back of unit)
- Enter password: (located on hotspot case insert and on back of unit)
Need help? Contact Mobile Beacon at 1-401-934-0500
Please note you can only use the hotspot inside the continental US. There is no international data or roaming.