Teen Programs at the APL are where you can hang out, meet new people, do something fun and creative, and have a snack with other middle and high school kids. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions OR have a suggestion for a new teen program!
Video Club for Teens and Tweens!
Video Club will meet 3:30pm-4:15pm on the following Tuesdays: 5/23/17, 6/6/17, 6/20/17, 7/18/17, 8/1/17, 8/15/17, 8/29/17 and 9/12/17.
Youth in grades 5-12 are welcome to join us for the video club! Participants will work together to create a video about a local organization. Along the way they will learn interviewing, communication, video recording and editing skills. Participants must be able to make the majority of the sessions in order to register. Parents or legal guardians will be required to sign a waiver allowing their child to appear on film, if this is not possible the child may still participate but will be limited to off camera portions only. On occasion participants may need to be dropped off at locations other than the library to participate in filming. Registration is required.
Photography Club! (Open to grades 5-12)
- Calling all photography enthusiasts! The APL now has a photography club that meets once a month on a Thursday night! We talk about photography, learn tips and tricks to taking great photos and practice on professional equipment! Registration is required for each month you plan to attend, look for more information on the registration page about this club!
- Upcoming dates- 6/15/17 6pm-7pm
Book Hungry Sock Monkeys Book Club- The APL’s Official Middle School Book Club (Grades 5-8)!
- Wednesday June 14, 2017 6pm-7pm- Join us in discussing the Heroes Guide to Saving the Kingdom by Christopher Healy. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of May. Registration is required!
Future Sock Monkeys Dates and Book Selections:
- Wednesday July 19, 2017 6pm-7pm- Join us in discussing Land of Stories Book One: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of June. Registration is required!
A Novel Idea: Teen Book Club (ages 13+)!
- Friday June 23, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm–Join us in discussing Etiquette + Espionage by Gail Carriger. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of May. During this meeting we will have the pleasure of speaking to local author Alisa Libby, author of The Blood Confession! Join us to chat about books and writing!
Future Teen Book Club Dates and Books:
- Friday July 19, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm- Join us in discussing The Land of Stories Book One: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of June.