Teen Programs at the APL are where you can hang out, meet new people, do something fun and creative, and have a snack with other middle and high school kids. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions OR have a suggestion for a new teen program!
Video Club for Teens and Tweens!
Video Club will meet 3:30pm-4:15pm on the following Tuesdays: 7/18/17, 8/1/17, 8/15/17, 8/29/17 and 9/12/17.
Youth in grades 5-12 are welcome to join us for the video club! Participants will work together to create a video about a local organization. Along the way they will learn interviewing, communication, video recording and editing skills. Participants must be able to make the majority of the sessions in order to register. Parents or legal guardians will be required to sign a waiver allowing their child to appear on film, if this is not possible the child may still participate but will be limited to off camera portions only. On occasion participants may need to be dropped off at locations other than the library to participate in filming. Registration is required.
Photography Club! (Open to grades 5-12)
- Calling all photography enthusiasts! The APL now has a photography club that meets once a month on a Thursday night! We talk about photography, learn tips and tricks to taking great photos and practice on professional equipment! Registration is required for each month you plan to attend, look for more information on the registration page about this club!
- Upcoming dates- 7/13/17 6pm-7pm
Book Hungry Sock Monkeys Book Club- The APL’s Official Middle School Book Club (Grades 5-8)!
- Wednesday July 19, 2017 6pm-7pm- Join us in discussing Land of Stories Book One: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of June. Registration is required!
Future Sock Monkeys Dates and Book Selections:
- Wednesday August 23, 2017 6pm-7pm- Join us in discussing Wonder by R. J. Palacio! Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of July. Registration is required.
A Novel Idea: Teen Book Club (ages 13+)!
- Friday July 19, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm- Join us in discussing Splintered by A. G. Howard. Copies of the book will be available in the children’s room at the end of June.
Future Teen Book Club Dates and Books:
- Friday August 25, 2017 3:30pm-4:30pm- Join us in discussing Attleboro High School’s all school read books! During the meeting we will discuss both book options which are: I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Read one of these books and join us to discuss! Registration is required.