Teens @ APL is just for kids and teens in grades 5-12. We offer monthly programs, special school break events, a Summer Reading program with prizes and fun stuff to do, and an exciting volunteer program!
Teens @ APL News:
- Teen Volunteering @ the APL- Our 2017 VolunTeen (get it?) Program offers a ton of ways to get involved at the library, from writing book reviews, shelving books in the children’s room and helping us decide what books and materials to have on the shelf, and helping out with kid’s events. Our volunteering program is open to youth in grades 7-12.
- As of September 2017 the Teen Volunteer Program at the APL is full, please check back in the New Year!
- Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook! Like APL Teens on Facebook for more information on programming for Teens!
- Instagram! Follow Mrs. Witherell @MeghanWitherell_teenlibrarian
We asked APL Teens- why do YOU love books?
“I like books because you don’t judge the characters by their looks. You judge them by their personality.” -Torey Claire
“I love books because they help me escape from my life and enter another. They are beyond cool and characters can be someone you want to be or someone you relate to.” -Lydia
Want to tell us about your most recent favorite read (or one that you really didn’t like?) Want to suggest materials that we should have in the library, or teen programs and events you want to see happen? Fill out one of our online surveys and let us know what you’re thinking- after all, the APL is YOUR library!
Click here to review and recommend books (we’ll be posting your reviews on our Teen/tween reviews page soon!)