Young Adults, otherwise known as kids and teens in grades 5-12, have so much to explore at the Attleboro Public Library!
Want to get in contact with Cate Merlin, YA librarian (she reads a ton of YA literature so she’s always ready with a recommendation!) or see what’s going on for you at the APL? Here’s how!
- Email! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook! facebook.com/cate.merlin.teenlibrarian
- Twitter! @APLTeens
April Break Week is coming… and it’s going to be awesome. Email email@example.com with any questions or to sign up!
- Friday, April 18th, 3pm: Teen Book Club! We’re discussing Divergent by Veronica Roth (the book AND the movie!)
- Tuesday, April 22nd, 2-4pm: Old School Game Day! Connect Four, Monopoly, and all of your favorite classic games- plus juice boxes and goldfish crackers. Being a kid again never felt so cool.
- Wednesday, April 23rd, 2-4pm: YA DIY Recycled Crafts! Come re-use old cd’s, old tshirts, and soda can tabs to create new works of art from, well, trash. Bring anything else that you’d like to re-purpose, too!
- Thursday, April 24th, 2-4pm: Graphic Novel Workshop! Local graphic novel artist Nick Danho will show you the tricks of the trade, and you’ll get a chance to create comic book and graphic novel-style art of your own!
- Friday, April 25th, 3-4pm: Book Hungry Sock Monkeys- the APL’s Official Middle School Book Club! We’re discussing Megan Whalen Turner’s The Thief- the first in an exciting fantasy and adventure series that you’ll love if you liked The False Prince!
Monthly Teen Programs
- Teens are taking over the Balfour Room each and every Tuesday afternoon from 2-4pm! Play our Wii, have a snack, do a craft, do homework, or just hang out. If you’re an APL Teen Volunteer, you can come to work on creative library projects like publicity and advertising! No need to register, just come in!
Write On! Teen Writing Workshops- Saturday 3/22 and 4/19, 2-3:30pm: Share and collaborate with other teen writers as you work on new and old fiction and nonfiction, and get creative with fun prompts and exercises!
- Teen Book Club (ages 13+)! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register, and pick up a copy of this month’s book in the Holds Area. On Friday, April 18th from 3-4pm, we’re discussing Divergent by Veronica Roth- the book AND the movie!
- Book Hungry Sock Monkeys Book Club- The APL’s Official Middle School Book Club! Email email@example.com to register, and pick up a copy of this month’s book at the Children’s Desk. On Friday, April 25th from 3-4pm, We’re discussing The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner!
We asked APL Teens- why do YOU love books?
“I like books because you don’t judge the characters by their looks. You judge them by their personality.” -Torey Claire
“I love books because they help me escape from my life and enter another. They are beyond cool and characters can be someone you want to be or someone you relate to.” -Lydia
Want to tell us about your most recent favorite read (or one that you really didn’t like?) Want to suggest materials that we should have in the library, or teen programs and events you want to see happen? Fill out one of our online surveys and let us know what you’re thinking- after all, the APL is YOUR library!
Click here to review and recommend books (we’ll be posting your reviews here, on this website, soon!)